There is still time to complete the 2020 Census. The Census is conducted every 10 years and counts every single person living in the United States and its five territories — regardless of citizenship.
The 2020 Census will provide a snapshot of our nation — who we are, where we live, and so much more. This data will be used to make decisions that impact our community for the next decade, such as:
- The number of seats each state has in the House of Representatives.
- Drawing congressional and state legislative districts.
- The need for new schools, clinics, roads and additional services for families, older adults and children.
- The allocation of billions of federal dollars for programs, including:
- Head Start
- Community Mental Health Services
- School Lunch
- Federal dollars for hospitals, fire departments and other critical services.
- Business owners making decisions about where to open new stores, restaurants, factories, or offices, where to expand operations, where to recruit employees, and which products and services to offer.
It is up to us to make sure that our community has a complete count. Please complete your form online, by phone, or by mail. Visit my2020census.gov to begin. If you have questions, or would like assistance completing the Census, please call one of our Resource Centers.
You can check to see the response rate for your city, town or village. Please help spread the word and let’s get everyone counted!