We believe that everyone deserves the opportunity to reach their full potential and contribute to their community. Family Ties promotes the well-being of families raising children with social and emotional challenges through lived experience and on-the-ground expertise. We partner with families and communities across Westchester County to make sure that everyone has the foundation they need to build a healthy, meaningful life. With access to the right resources and support, every family is able to thrive.
We envision a world where families with emotional and behavioral health needs:
- are embraced by their community,
- no longer feel stigmatized or isolated by their challenges,
- are able to access the tools and resources that they need.
Our Values and Guiding Principles
- Services must be family driven and youth guided. Families must be viewed as partners and colleagues in all aspects of the decision-making process for their child’s care.
- Families are best engaged in the communities where they live and are most comfortable.
- Services must be strength-based and focus on a family’s goals and successes.
- Services must be racially, culturally and linguistically competent and respect differences of race, ethnicity, class, gender, and sexual orientation.
- Services must be individualized and flexible to meet the specific needs of each child and family.
- Services and supports must be available to “wrap around” the child and family.
- Services and programs must be “trauma informed”, emphasizing physical, psychological, and emotional safety for both providers and family members; this creates opportunities for individuals to rebuild a sense of empowerment and control over their lives.
(Adapted from the Child and Adolescent Service System Program (CASSP) Principles)